Nerves are one of the most imperative parts of our body that are liable for the reaction of human incentive acts, whether it is internal or external, or any bodily responding. According to the medical terms, nerve system controls both our corporal functions and emotions, thus it is necessary to maintain a balanced strength of your nerves for all the time.
Here we are recommending a few beneficial foods to include in your regular diet that could heal, repair, and strengthen your nerves naturally by resolving various nerve disorders efficiently. Try out these products and fight back the unhealthiness of your nerves with some of these below mentioned remedy methods. Take a look-
Best Foods for Nerve Issues:
This has been observed that the deficiency of nutrients drives some nerve disorders to your body and numerous health issues occur for those disorders. Consequently, a healthy eating order is crucial to have the adequate strength of our nerve system. Let’s check out what kinds of foods are beneficial in such matters-
- Whole grains are superbly effective for a healthy nerves system, as they work as the stabilizer of the nervous tract and solve numerous mind state like anxiety, insomnia, irritation, nervousness, etc. which all may take place because of the weak nerves. Oatmeal, whole grain cereal, whole wheat products, etc. are some preferable items here.
- Vitamin B rich foods such as milk, beef liver, fortified soy products, cereals, sea fishes, etc. are good in the red reduction of nerve issues, because this nutrient is effective on much mental stress like depression, apathy, frustration, etc. and increase the good hormones in our body.
- Magnesium rich foods are one more must-include category here that works spectacularly on many nerve related health issues like anxiety, hypertension, hyperactivity, panic, etc. Dark chocolate, cocoa powder, nuts, seeds, legumes, root vegetables, pulpy fruits like banana, mango, avocado, melon, etc. are some effective items in this regards.
- Omega-3 rich foods are one recommendable item here which not only strengthens our nerve system but at the same time repair, regenerate and provide the best neurological health of them. Sardines, salmon, mackerel, tuna, etc. fishes are some living sources of omega-3 fatty acid, where the flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, are some renowned plant source of this special nutrient.
- Green veggies like spinach, kale, parsley, lettuce, cabbages, broccoli, etc. are loaded with lots of good nutrients which help to make your nerves calm and organized all the times. These green vegetables synthesize and maintain neurotransmitter circulation process proficiently which help to balance the bodily functions properly.
- Sea vegetables are one wonderful category to include in your daily regimen as they are rich in numerous minerals which are fundamental for the function of our nerves system appropriately. They also work for a healthy brain system as well as a flawless nerve structure.
- Protein rich foods or healthy fats as in almond, eggs, Greek yogurt, chicken breast, meats, cottage cheese, etc. some essential foods to incorporate into your daily diet, especially when you are looking for good nerve system. They fortify our nerves and increase their health cheerfully.
Essential Vitamins for Healthy Nerves:
Apart from vitamin B, there is more vitamins essentiality in our body to run the nerves system accurately. A proper amount of vitamins aid to diminish the stress from our mind and heal the damaged nerves which may lead some bad disease later!
If nerve system is a machine then, vitamins are the fuel of that system and vitamin B like B1, B6, B12, B complex, B5, etc. are the most significant part of that fuel. Vitamin B1 and B6 are essential for a proper brain function, where B12 is the skilled one to repair the damaged nerve cells. On the other hand, vitamin B5 help to promote the central nervous system and aid to balance the proper growth of tissues.
Besides these vitamin B, vitamin C, E, A, etc. are other beneficial nutrients for achieving a healthy nervous system effortlessly. They improve our memory, muscles, brain functions, mind impulses and stress as well. Among them, vitamin C has a special effect on nerves by producing the anti-stress hormone to our body that provides a calming effect on us and prevents the nervous system from breaking down easily.
Foods to Avoid for Healthy Nerve:
As well as good foods there are some bad foods too, which worsen your nerves system and increase the stress or anxiety to the fullest! Thus, it would be preferable to shun those foods from your eating list as soon as possible or they could speed up the depressive and stressful hormone along with down-warding spiral in your cells! Check out them-
- Extra sugary products or items with artificial sweeteners like sweets, syrups, readymade juices, carbonated sweet drinks, pastries, sweet confectionary items, etc. are must-avoidable products for a healthy nerve system; as they prevent the manufacture of neurotransmitter serotonin hormone which averts various nerve disorder efficiently.
- Alcohol like, wine, beers, or whiskey, etc. are another category to shun for achieving a healthy nerves system naturally, as any kind of alcohol is a depressant that naturally escalates the depressive hormone in our body and causes for the several nerve damage.
- Fast foods like pizza, burgers, chicken fries, hotdogs or market-based sandwiches are other avoidable items for healthy nerves as they drive depressive symptoms to your body in a huge amount.
- Hydrogenated oil or the items made in this oil are one must-avoidable product as they could clog your arteries due to irregular blood flow and increase the unnecessary stress in your mind excessively.
- Foods with high sodium content are one more dangerous thing for our nerves as they could disrupt our neurological system and increase the depression uncontrollably.
- Foods with unsaturated fats are bad as well for a healthy and strong nerve system. These types of products could drive vein clog and enhance the risk of depression with their every single bite.
- Caffeine items trigger insomnia in our mind, could drive you several mental messes and lead a high amount of depression that often causes nervous breakdown if you won’t handle it wisely. Thus, try to reduce the intake coffee, black tea, normal tea, etc. products in your daily life for achieving a strong type nerves system.
- Canned and processed foods come with some preservative ingredients that could cater a stressful impact on your mind and give you a weak nerves system at the end. Thus, avoid any type of processed or packed instant foods always go for fresh and unseasoned items for your regular diet.
Tofu, chocolate, white bread, coffee, wheat bran, canned soups, instant foods, readymade fruit juices, alcohol-consumed dishes, etc. are some other must avoidable products in this attempt.
Breathing Exercise for Nerves:
Breathing exercises are the easiest method to adjust the nervous system proficiently. There are highly effective breathing exercises are available in our hands that could strengthen your entire nervous system in an optimistic way and almost diminish the stressful thought or anxiety from our mind skillfully. To do an effective breathing exercise to strengthen your nerves, follow these simple steps below-
- At first, sit on your hips on a tall place and close your eyes.
- Now, lock your lips and breathe through your nose deeply.
- After that, hold your breath for 3-4 seconds and exhale gently.
- Then, again inhale in the same way and every time increase the holding period before exhaling it quietly.
- Try out this session of special breathing 2 or 3 times a day and you will achieve a less break down in your nervous system for sure!
Yoga for Nerves:
Yoga is another effective method for strong nerves, as this type of exercise strengthen the minor nervous system and reduce the stress from main nervous structure gradually. Thus, most of the health experts insist on including some effective yoga poses on your daily schedule.
It has been proven that a regular practice of yoga could uplift your mood, lessen cortisol intensity, boost your mental strength and increase the positive mentality in you. Let’s find out what kinds of yogas are beneficial in the reduction stress and nerves breakdown-
- Adho Much Savasana
- Viparita Dandasana
- Adho Mukho Vrkasana
- Viparita Karani
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana, etc.
Herbs for Nerves:
Herbs show their extreme effect on stress and nervous system thus, they are used enormously to reduce the stress and anxiety from our body cells and to delight our nerves naturally.
Some of the herbs provide an instant relaxation on our nerves, while a few of them control the emotional stress, normalize the blood circulation system and diminish the restlessness of your mind optimistically.
Some herbs also improve our mental alertness with its supportive enzymes and escalate the power of our fifth senses proficiently.
Chamomile, zembrin, fennel, hops, passionflower, feverfew, etc. are some effective herbs that work positively in the reduction of stress from our mind. You can use this herb to make some tea and work internally to get their paramount effects on the nervous system.
Essential Oils for Nerves:
The richness of anti-inflammatory properties and healing compounds of essential oils made them the best remedy for mental stress and anxiety, thus they leave an optimistic result on our nervous system.
Aromatherapy, the highly recommended medication for stress or depression completely depends on these few aromatic essential oils. In addition, they also give you relief from irritability and panic attack as well as from nervous tension!
The best part of these oils is that they are extracted from the parts of planted sources and thus, never produce any bad side-effect on our body; no matter they are used in internal or external ways.
Lavender oil, rosemary oil, Vetiver oil, Ylang-Ylang oil, bergamot oil, chamomile oil, frankincense oil, etc. are some highly recommendable essential oils in this matter. You can apply them through aromatherapy or topical way or oral methods, any way you want, just make sure that you are choosing the suitable essential oil for your requirement.
Best Tea for Calming Nerves:
Though, we have mentioned above that tea is not a good choice of a healthy nervous system but, we are assuring that some of the natural teas could give you temporary relief from these stress attacks and provide you a natural anti-anxiety medication in a refreshing way.
Studies have been proven that some effective teas, which come with a less caffeine quality, could make your nerves calm for an extended period and aid you to peaceful sleep that you have always craved!
Peppermint tea, chamomile tea, lemon balm tea, passionflower tea, green tea, rose tea, etc. are some effective teas for making your nerves calm and organized for all the time. Let’s watch out how to prepare such teas at your own kitchen-
- Add 1 tbsp of dried leaves of your preferable herbs into 1 cup of hot water and let them steep for 5-10 minutes into that water.
- Now, strain the solution and add 1 tsp of raw honey and stir it finely.
- To use fresh leaves or flower, add some young leaves or flowers into the teapot with full of boiling water.
- Let them steep there for 3-4 minutes and strain the water appropriately.
- Now, drink it directly or add 1-2 tsp of raw honey before drinking it for a better taste!
Dry Fruits for Nerves:
Dry fruits are the natural source of magnesium, thus they could play an optimistic role to reduce the mental stress and anxiety. It is also seen that regular consumption of a particular amount of dry fruits could delight your mood remarkably and boost your mind in a happy phrase. Walnut, almond, cashew, hazelnut, peanut, etc. are some preferable items here.
Lifestyle Change and Tips for Nerve Strength:
Apart from these home remedies and healthy food habits, a vigorous lifestyle schedule could help you outstandingly in this endeavor of strengthening nervously and achieving a healthy nervous system swiftly. Try out these below mentioned methods and you don’t need to worry about the health of your nerves again! Take a look-
- Eat healthy foods
- Cut out hampering foods
- Reduce sweet and alcohol intake
- Sleep adequately
- Breathe deeply
- Try some anti-stress yoga
- Have some stress reducing methods like listing light music, take aromatherapy, read optimistic stories, etc.
- Treat your mind with some simple delighting attempts like evening walk, chatting with your friends, or in short anything that could divert your mind from stress.
How Long Does Nerve Take to Heal Completely?
Once any nerve is damaged, it is tricky to repair it easily and the exact time of repairing such damaged-nerves depends on various things like what kind of damage is affected your nerve, how many nerves are injured and what type of medication is applied to your damaged nerve, etc. Once you have decided all of these things and try out any effective medication on your injured nerve, it takes almost 3-4 weeks to heal the wound completely.
Pin it for later
You may be insterested :
- Healthy Brain: 10 Best Foods to Boost Your Brain Power
- 9 Best Foods for Upset Stomach- Soothing Home Remedies
What foods heal nerve damage? ›
Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, spinach, and kale contain alpha-lipoic acid, an antioxidant that can prevent nerve damage and improve nerve function. Potatoes and yams contain alpha-lipoic acid and phytonutrients to fight inflammation, so these should also be part of your diet.Which vitamin is best for nerve repair? ›
At high doses, methylcobalamin, the active form of vitamin B12, accelerated nerve regeneration, increased myelination, and improved motor and functional recovery of injured nerves [80, 83].What helps nerves heal faster at home? ›
- Vitamins. Some cases of peripheral neuropathy are related to vitamin deficiencies. ...
- Cayenne pepper. ...
- Quit smoking. ...
- Warm bath. ...
- Exercise. ...
- Essential oils. ...
- Meditation. ...
Water to Hydrate
Water reduces nerve stress, and it can help to relax muscles. That can mean reduced pain, healthier nerves, and faster recovery from nerve damage. Be sure to drink plenty of water alongside your diet to keep your body and nerves hydrated.
Vitamins B-1, B-6, and B-12 have been found to be especially beneficial for treating neuropathy. Vitamin B-1, also known as thiamine, helps to reduce pain and inflammation and vitamin B-6 preserves the covering on nerve endings.Which fruit is best for nerves? ›
This can be powerful to optimize the myelin sheath and prevent any damage to the nerve. Good sources of antioxidants are berries such as blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries, dark leafy greens, fatty fish, and walnuts. Try to eat a rainbow every day!
Speeding up nerve regrowth for trauma patients: Electrical stimulation a week before surgery causes nerves to regenerate three to five times faster, leading to better outcomes.What is the best herb for nerve damage? ›
Herbs that are in the “nervine” category can be very nourishing and soothing to the nerve tissue. Among the best are Chinese skullcap, lemon balm, wood betony, St. John's wort, chamomile, prickly ash and milky oats.What foods aggravate nerve pain? ›
- Artificial sweeteners.
- Dishes with gluten (cereals, crackers, grains, pasta, salad dressings, etc.)
- High-sugar products (canned fruit, granola, juice, ketchup, soda, protein bars, etc.)
The required doses of Vitamin B12 for neuropathy in adults are: 1000mcg daily over five days. 1000mcg weekly over five weeks.
What foods calm the nervous system? ›
Good sources of these vitamins include citrus fruits, berries, dark chocolate and herbal teas such as lavender or chamomile (avoid teas with caffeine). For the B vitamins in particular, choose whole grains and nuts.Does drinking lots of water help with nerve damage? ›
Drink lots of water
Water should be a staple in any diet, and even more so for those looking to reduce nerve pain. It's critical to stay hydrated throughout the day to reduce inflammation and avoid triggering pain receptors. Aim to drink eight 8-oz. of water each day.
Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins, which help calm the nervous system.What tea is good for nerve? ›
With everything from classic chamomile to meditative matcha, our teas are a perfect fit to soothe the nerves and promote relaxation and well-being. Teas for anxiety include mint teas, chamomile teas, lavender teas, rose teas, and matcha.How much turmeric should I take for nerve pain? ›
Turmeric is available as a capsule, tablet, or as an extract, the latter of which is more likely to be free of contaminants. The typical dose used to relieve pain due to inflammatory conditions such as osteoarthritis is between 400 and 600 mg, three times a day.What are the best vitamins for nerves and anxiety? ›
B-complex, vitamin E, vitamin C, GABA, and 5-HTP are 5 vitamins commonly used to help with anxiety and stress.Can anything heal damaged nerves? ›
Nerve cells can regenerate and grow back at a rate of about an inch a month, but recovery is typically incomplete and slow. This is a complete nerve injury, where the nerve sheath and underlying neurons are severed. If there is an open cut, a neurosurgeon can see the cut nerve ends at surgery and repair this.What stimulates nerve healing? ›
Magnesium promotes the regeneration of the peripheral nerve.What are the signs of nerve healing? ›
How do I know the nerve is recovering? As your nerve recovers, the area the nerve supplies may feel quite unpleasant and tingly. This may be accompanied by an electric shock sensation at the level of the growing nerve fibres; the location of this sensation should move as the nerve heals and grows.What is the best exercise for nerve pain? ›
- Go for a Walk. Aim to walk 30 minutes a day five days a week with a 20-minute stretch prior. ...
- Low-Impact Aerobic Exercises. If kickboxing is not your style, take it easy with a nice afternoon of swimming or cycling. ...
- Resistance Training. ...
- Stretching Increases Flexibility.
How do I clear my weak nerves? ›
- Exercise daily. Here, exercise does not only mean physical exercise; it also involves activities that will sharpen your mind. ...
- Exposure to sunlight. ...
- Walk barefoot on the ground. ...
- Right sleep cycle. ...
- Add meditation to the list. ...
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Kava. ...
- Passion flower. ...
- Valerian. ...
- Chamomile. ...
- Lavender. ...
- Lemon balm.
The more common plants which are used for the treatment of neuropathic pain are included as: Acorus calamus, Artemisia dracunculus, Butea monosperma, Citrullus colocynthis, Curcuma longa, Crocus sativus, Elaeagnus angustifolia, Ginkgo biloba, Mitragyna speciosa, Momordica charantia, Nigella sativa, Ocimum sanctum, ...Is oatmeal good for nerve pain? ›
It is very important for neuropathy patients to watch their weight and sugar intake; nuts can be a great snack to incorporate. Whole Grains– Brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa, whole wheat or sprouted grain breads are an excellent choice because they are high in fiber, which helps with inflammation.How can I stop nerve pain? ›
- Take care of your feet, especially if you have diabetes. Check daily for blisters, cuts or calluses. ...
- Exercise. ...
- Quit smoking. ...
- Eat healthy meals. ...
- Avoid excessive alcohol. ...
- Monitor your blood glucose levels.
High levels of stress and anxiety can amplify your pain. Physical stress and exertion can increase your nerve pain as well. Strenuous exercise and the accompanying soreness can contribute to nerve pain during the night. Living in a chronic state of stress will wreak havoc on your physical and mental health.How long does B12 take to heal nerves? ›
Neurologic improvement begins within the first week also and is typically complete in 6 weeks to 3 months.What food is highest in B12? ›
- some fortified breakfast cereals.
According to Dr. Airey, some studies have shown that Vitamin C could break down Vitamin B12 in your digestive tract, reducing your B12 absorption. As a result, he says you want to wait at least two hours before taking Vitamin C with your Vitamin B12.Is there any way to speed up nerve healing? ›
Electrical stimulation a week before surgery causes nerves to regenerate three to five times faster, leading to better outcomes.
What foods should you avoid with nerve damage? ›
Foods that are high in sugar – Sugar can aggravate nerve pain and discomfort, so it is best to avoid foods that are high in sugar. This includes sugary snacks, desserts, and processed foods. Fried foods – Fried foods are unhealthy and can worsen neuropathy symptoms.Which juice is good for nerves? ›
Orange juice is rich in vitamin C, with 1 cup (240 mL) providing 93% of the Daily Value (DV). Interestingly, this vitamin may offer neuroprotective benefits ( 10 ).How do you cleanse your nerve cells? ›
- Get Enough Sleep. Getting enough sleep each night is one of the best ways to support your brain's natural detoxification processes. ...
- Eat an Anti-Inflammatory Diet. ...
- Exercise. ...
- Intermittent Fast. ...
- Minimize Toxin Exposure. ...
- Consider Supplements.
According to a team of scientists based at Ruhr University of Bochum, overexpression of muscle LIM protein (MLP) could become a therapeutic strategy for promoting the repair of nerves in the brain, the optic nerve, and the spinal cord.Are eggs good for nerve damage? ›
Neuropathy patients can often find themselves with lower levels of B12. It's important to eat foods high in B12, such as eggs, milk or cheese.Is banana good for nerve? ›
Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins, which help calm the nervous system.